There are numerous benefits of studying in the U.K., among them are
- Institutions from the U.K. are consistent in their ranking as the best in the world with internationally valued and recognized qualifications.
- Students from the UK conduct about five percent of the world’s scientific research and are responsible for the world’s 14% most cited papers.
- Institutions from UK provide choice and flexibility and let you blend academic and vocational courses of their wish.
- In the UK the teaching and study methodology is designed to give you the freedom to be creative while developing skill sets and gain in confidence.
- A learner can avail the once in a lifetime opportunity of having the world’s best academics and experts as teachers and can gain in an enormous way from their unceasing academic support.
- Degrees in UK are customized tailored to your needs and interests and often include specialized modules.
- Being the home of the English language, the UK is the ideal place to develop language skills and enhance prospects of employment.
The particular case study of Firas Kabbara points to some of the benefits that an education in the UK results in.
When the economic crisis was at its highest in 2008, Firas Kabbara made an unlikely move. He quit his job and invested his money and savings in his education. However it was a move that time would eventually prove to be sagacious. His stint at the Aston Business School MBA program enabled to push his career much further. The change from Qatar to the UK also proved to ba a challenge due to the vast differences in culture between them. But as they say all’s well that ends well. Here are excerpts from an interview of him.
Why go for an MBA in the UK?
“The market recession inevitably lead to a shortage of available opportunities for career advancement” he said. ” I enrolled in an MBA program at Aston Business School to enhance my personal profile and get exposed to the latest business and management thinking and practice” he continued.”
What are the main takeaways you got from the school's program?
“An MBA is much more than just an academic learning experience; it provided me with an opportunity to develop myself in many other ways.
My main takeaways include: Strategic and critical thinking; leadership, analytical and team working skills; up to date business knowledge; tools and techniques; and a network of professionals from around the world.”
“Aston offers a variety of MBA specialism’s and the flexibility of switching between full-time and part-time [study]. The tutors and lecturers are friendly and experienced in their fields. There are industrial visits integrated to the program and a one-week European study tour.
Besides, the Aston MBA includes a unique connect module dedicated to keeping students focused on their personal ‘impact’ development.
How has an MBA contributed to your career path and progress?
“An MBA is not like any other conventional academic program. With its mix of practical subjects, it has broadened my perspective of things on both business and personal fronts.
Its impact is rather qualitative. My MBA has prepared me with practical knowledge and helped shape my mind in such a way that I can seize opportunities. The skills that I was able to develop have helped me to stand out of the crowd.
It helped me to get a decent managerial job, a European experience and an increase to my [salary] compensation of around 20%. But an MBA is something that stays with you for a lifetime.”